I could have had an ND8!
- 13 days into August and ND8 hasn't been released yet. There is still a chance it will show up on my birthday or Jackson's birthday on the 23rd.
- LotusSphere 2008 is starting to weigh heavily on my mind and it's more than 5 months away. I have started to put together some session ideas in my mind and am just waiting for someplace to submit them. Update: Matt White has found the url to submit your abstracts.
- While listening to Nickelback's Rock Star on the radio, I couldn't help but wonder why it was ok for them to sing "bitch", but the word "drug" (drug dealer) got censored out. Haven't they figured out that censoring words does nothing but make the ideas they convey more attractive to kids.
- We went to the County Fair on Friday night. I couldn't bring myself to walk past the Rabbit exhibits. It will be a while before I look at a bunny in the same way after Kipper's last meal.
- I upgraded my Sametime Server and Client to CF1 last week. The client upgrade is a MUST HAVE, since it fixes a number of bugs with the tabbed chatting and performance issues over all.
- Parade Magazine had a great article on the fallacy of the current drinking age. This is one of those laws that have very serious unintended consequences, the worst of which is that all underage drinking, whether condoned by the parents or not, has to occur without any adult supervision lest the adults get cited for contributing to the delinquency of a minor. I have yet to meet a person in favor of the current drinking "laws" that can have their arguments stand up to scrutiny. I am intrigued by the idea of a "drinking license".
- Theo shows off a cool excel trick that's been around forever.
- Speaking of excel, I have run into an issue with trying to set the color of an excel cell text and background using the RGB function of VBA. If anyone has an idea of how to do it correctly, please let me know. I am currently trying to call it as a method of the Excel.Application OLE class.
- The attack of the killer tomatoes has been going on for about 3 weeks now, but it's almost over. The Great Whites are very weird in the fact that they don't taste like they look. I will not be doing Belgium Giants next year cause they don't like something in my soil. Ditto for First Lady, but that's because they were incredibly small, didn't taste great, and didn't ripen any earlier than the other tomatoes.
- My biggest disappointment this year have been the pepper plants. The stems on the bell pepper plants are relatively fragile and I have lost a large number of almost ripe peppers when their stems broke off due to the weight of the peppers. Talk about pissing me off.
- Rob's been on a roll lately with his Eclipse rantings. I whole heartily agree with him. It has to be easy or Notes Developers won't give it a chance.
Discussion for this entry is now closed.