Senior Certified Advanced Lotus Notes Developer skilled in development of applications including project tracking, workflow, change management, and information publishing in Notes and to the Intranet/Internet via Domino. Experienced with large scale administration and deployment of Notes including initial server setup/installation and remote access. Interfaces professionally with all levels of the organization from management, for project/capabilities presentations, to staff, for training and project management, to end users, for understanding needs and gathering requirements.
Secret, U.S. Department of Defense (Jan 2007)
General Dynamics Information Technology
March 2006 – Present
Sr Member Technical Staff - Software
Fairfax, VA USA
- Created custom LS classes to allow custom reports to be written across multiple databases without using any views.
- Created browser based reports for export to Word and Excel.
- Created wizard-like UI for data entry and report generation.
- Migrated 20+ production implementations from 2.6 to 2.7, including testing, data cleanup, and design replacement.
- Provided development and administration support for ePMO application installed at various clients.
U.S. Senate Sergeant at Arms
November 2005 – March 2006
Sr Lotus Notes Consultant
Washington, DC USA
- Designed upgrade to current Web Catalog built on Notes 6.5. Upgrade redesign impacted UI and backend services, including interaction with Oracle.
- Developed and implemented numerous of support application for Signal Solutions, the primary contractor, including a number reports using AJAX.
Clark Construction Group, LLC
March 2002 - October 2005
Sr Lotus Notes Developer/Administrator
Bethesda, MD USA
- Lead developer and administrator for a 1500+ user environment spread across the US. Servers ran on Windows 2000/2003 and IBM iSeries V5R2 and clients on Windows 2000/2003/XP.
- Developed and implemented Notes/Domino R5 to R6.5.1 upgrade plan for 8 servers and 1500+ users, including Quickplace and Sametime. The plan included training sessions for the 400+ Bethesda employees.
Once the upgrade was completed, the servers were consolidated to 6 servers and the main mail server on the iSeries was clustered with a Windows 2003 server for fail-over.
- Developed over 30 Notes Client and Web based applications. The applications incorporated custom workflow modules and extensive importing and exporting of data to and from JD Edwards and Excel.
Some of the applications include:
- Subcontractor Qualification and Evaluation Databases - Extranet based application that enabled Clark to electronically collect Subcontractor Qualification forms. Data from these forms
was combined with Job and Contract data from JD Edwards and manually entered Evaluations, Comments, and D&B Reports in the Notes based Evaluation database.
- Clark University Training Tracker - Intranet based application that managed the extensive internal classes at Clark. In addition, external training, continuing education, and performance appraisals were tracked.
Personal transcripts in the browser and statistical reports in Excel were available.
- Clark Recruiting - Notes based application that tracked all college recruits that Clark pursued. In addition, it helped HR schedule college recruiting trips, interviews with recruits, and start dates for new hires.
Statistical reports were generated in Excel for EEO purposes.
- Travel & Expense Reports - Notes and Web based application for submitting and approving Expense reports.
- Clark Communications Database - Used for sending out mass emails to users based on information stored within the person documents, i.e. department, title, and region. Address Book person data was populated automatically with data
imported from Ceridian (SQL) and JD Edwards data on a weekly basis. Reminders were also able to be place on user's calendars automatically.
- Cell Phone Registry - Used for managing the 1100+ cell phone and Blackberry devices and plans. Cell phones were linked either with Jobs or individuals. Cell phone numbers and Direct Connect numbers were updated in Address Book on a daily basis.
- Installed and administrated Blackberry Enterprise Server (2.2 - 4.0.2)
- Administrated Proofpoint Protection Server appliances for Anti-Spam/Anti-Virus protection
August 2001 - March 2002
Sr Lotus Domino Consultant
Discovery Communications, Bethesda, MD, USA
- Developed extranet catalog application for Discovery Private Nets using Domino R5 and CSS
- Developed SAP Change Management database for tracking, approving, and documenting changes to the SAP environment
- Developed Contingent Worker Tracking system for Human Resources to allow better tracking and management of temporary workers
- Developed a number of workflow databases for approving marketing proposals, budget requests, and sales calls
Acuity Technology, A Metro Information Services Company
February 1999 - August 2001
Senior Lotus Notes Consultant
T. Rowe Price Associates, Baltimore, MD, USA
- Created TRP Trades Extranet application that allowed a single point of communication for Equity, Fixed Income, Mortgage, and Foreign Exchange trades to Sub-advised External Clients. Trades were extracted via ODBC out of five different trading platforms and securely transmitted to the clients via Web site and secured FTP using XML.
- Created BlueSheets application for capturing all internal Equity Research for T. Rowe Price and was accessible via Notes and Web with almost identical functionality. This system fed multiple back end systems for tracking ratings and restricting trades on recently researched securities.
- Redesigned Client Database suite for T. Rowe Price International TRPI for tracking large institutional investors in international Mutual funds. Tracked information includes company information, contact information, product/asset information, assigned Client Service Associated, and communication history.
- Created multiple applications for Client Service Representatives to request information on specific clients, funds, and benchmarks to take with them on visits to clients.
- Created TRPIOnline Intranet site for single point access to multiple Notes Databases using web browsers. Applications were used to disseminate reports from multiple vendor and back end systems, track projects, and distribute marketing materials. Authentication is being performed by IBM s Policy Director suite of applications.
- Configured, tested and implemented Domino R5 Cluster for TRPIOnline environment, including configuration and testing of DNFS.
February 1997 - January 1999
Senior Lotus Notes Consultant
MCI/Worldcom Dec 98- Jan 99
- Managed Replic-Action environment for synchronizing data between Oracle SAP and Notes for Domino based Purchase Requisition system PNP.
The Coca-Cola Company Contract - Project Infinity, Atlanta, Ga, Nov 97 - Nov 98
- Configured, tested and implemented Lotus Domino MTA for R/3 to allow the Notes Inbox to act as a universal inbox for SAP Office mail and work items. Key deliverable to allow Project Infinity to gain acceptance from the Coca-Cola management for the use of SAP workflow.
- Created Purchase Requisition application for input and approval within Notes and transfer to SAP via Domino.Connect LSX extensions for completion of the workflow. Although not implemented, development of prototype saved Coca-Cola 9.5 Million in SAP licensing for ESS and SAP GUI.
- Created Workstation Information database for gathering hardware and software details about end user’s systems using LotusScript and Win32 API calls to interrogate their machines via code in an email and return the information to a mail-in database.
- Created multiple applications for implementing the Accelerated SAP methodology including:
- Issues Tracking - multiple team issues databases with notification, internal escalation and the ability to escalate important, cross team issues to a global database for resolution.
- Application Development Initiatives - a highly secure, central database for tracking, approving, and documenting all development in the SAP environment.
- Technology Delivery Change Management - workflow application for tracking system change requests and security changes in the SAP environment.
- SAP Reference Model - documentation application for tracking CIT, BPTs, and BPPs for the implementation of SAP worldwide, including the ability to input localized documentation and management reports on progress.
- Roles & Security - application that allowed the prototype teams and security define global roles with associated training modules, assign the roles to jobs/localizations, and finally assign a person to a job.
- Internal Controls - application to assign and manage audit controls to the SAP Reference Model
- Created applications for distributing and managing the application installations and updates, to allow our department to tracking development requests, projects, action items, and issues within the team.
Hewlett Packard Contract, Palo Alto, CA, Feb 97 - Oct 97
- Migrated multiple applications from V3 to R4 including discussion, project management/tracking, and knowledgebase databases.
- Migrated multiple application to the web for data publishing and interaction including a system outage, project management, and educational information databases.
- Created application for use in Notes and via browsers for tracking process documentation and group calendars.
- Created interactive application to act as web site for internal hardware purchasing application for bug reports, bug fixes, FAQ, service requests, order tracking, teleconference tracking, newsletters, product schedules, and general information.
- Created data dictionary application in Notes to track standards of development on SAP throughout HP.
- Administered development server for the group and trained other members to administer the server as well as preparing them for certification exams.
Ilex Systems Inc
January 1996 - February 1997
Senior Lotus Notes Administrator/Developer
Chiron Contract, Milpitas, CA, USA
- Administrated 450+ user Notes network with a remote server in Amsterdam, including managing the Public Address Book and Event and Statistic collection on all servers, implementing connections to Lotus and Chiron Diagnostics in Medfield, MA, and administrating the Lotus Mail Exchange Facility LMEF between Notes and cc:Mail.
- Managed the implementation of Notes to Senior Executives at Chiron and Chiron Diagnostics in Medfield, MA. Coordinated training and the design and development of the database, including the implementation of encryption and other types of security.
- Developed and implemented project plan for migration of 300+ users from Notes 3.x to Notes 4.1 and 3 Notes servers from 3.3 on OS/2 2.11 to Notes 4.11 on Windows NT 3.51 including the testing and implementation of Domino, the SMTP MTA, and the migration from LMEF to cc:Mail MTA.
- Developed, tested, and implemented standards for access control and database design for v3.x and v4.x databases and servers.
- Developed, tested, and implemented HelpDesk and Purchasing Applications that later tied together for improved workflow and efficiency.
Marriott International Inc
June 1994 - December 1995
Lotus Notes Administrator
Bethesda, MD, USA
- Set up servers and administered a 1200+ user Notes Network with remote servers in Maryland, Nebraska, Florida, and Canada.
- Managed and facilitated an 85+ client roll out of Notes to external users in the US, Asia, Europe, and North Africa and the roll out of Notes to 70+ external clients in the US.
- Supported 10000+ employees on Lotus SmartSuite, Notes, cc:Mail and cc:Mobile on-site and remote.
- Managed the implementation of Notes and SmartSuite to Senior Executives including the coordination of equipment purchases, training, and development of the database.
- Developed tracking system in Notes for administration staff including numerous forms with file attachments and doclinks.
- Developed training/reference database and manual for in-house HelpDesk. Managed the creation of a training class for the HelpDesk including syllabus and documentation.
- Designed, developed, presented and received approval for a large-scale
Open Source Applications on OpenNTF
- IBM Certified Advanced Application Developer - Lotus Notes and Domino 7
- IBM Certified System Administrator - Lotus Notes and Domino 7
- Principal Lotus Notes Developer - Domino Development - R4 & R5
- Lotus Certified Notes Administrator - V3 & R4
- Lotus Certified Notes Consultant - V3
- Hardware: WINTEL Platforms, Ethernet 10baseT, RAID Disk Arrays, 802.11 Wireless
- Protocols/Platforms: IBM iSeries V5R2, IBM xSeries Blade Servers, TCP/IP, SMTP, DNS